One of my celebrity makeup inspirations is Hilary Duff. One of the reasons is that she has blonde hair and brown eyes just like me, so when I think that she looks good in some makeup, I often try it myself to see if it would suit me.
She often wears green eyeshadows and I think it suits her perfectly, but I'm not the biggest fan of that colour, and it's actually my least favourite colour, but I really wanted to see if I would look very extreme wearing makeup like that or if it would look good on me.
To create this eye look, I used my e.l.f. palettes, cream eyeshadow, black liquid eyeliner, fake lashes and mascara (well, of course).
* Cream eyeshadow from Benefit in shade "r.s.v.p." which I got in my World Famous Neautrals- Easiest Nudes Ever eyeshadow kit, but you can buy it separately as a single eyeshadow here.
* e.l.f. 100 piece Marble Eyeshadow
* e.l.f. Little Black Beauty Book in Colour Warm Edition. I'm not too sure why the eyeshadows on their website look totally different than the ones on my palette.
* Black liquid eyeliner, which I got from George Asda. I can never find it on their website so I'm giving you link to a similar eyeliner "Exaggerate Liquid Eye Liner" by Rimmel.
* Great Lash BIG Washable Mascara by Maybeline.
* Pre-Glued Lashes by Eylure.
I created this look in 7 easy steps, as you can see on the pictures below.
1. I wanted my eye to look glowy, that's why I put a nude colour cream eyeshadow as a base. I put it all over my upper eyelid, up to the crease. I always use my fingers to apply cream eyeshadows. It will blend in better.
2. I used a shimmery light green eyeshadow all over the eyelid where i put the cream eyeshadow before. I used a gorgeous green colour from the Little Black Beauty Book palette. The 100 piece palette has greens as well, but they're a bit different shades and most of the light ones are matte eyeshadows, and I really wanted to add to this makeup a bit of sparkle, so I went for the nice shade from the Little Black Beauty Book.
3. Next I put an eyeshadow which is a mix of light and darker, warm browns. I applied it in the outer corner of my upper eyelids to add a bit of a shade.
4. I made a line with a dark shimmer eyeshadow on the bottom lash line. I wanted this makeup to look sleek so I just drew a thin line.
5. I am an black eyeliner kind of girl, and I can't go a day without it, that's why of course I used it this time as well. I think the easiest way to do it, is to draw the line with your eyes open, then you can see exactly if you're drawing it the way you want it to look like.
6. As a last eyeshadow, I used a super pretty light gold colour, which is one of my favourites. I used it to brighten up the eye and make it appear bigger, that's why I applied it in the inner corner of the eye. I often use it on a brow bone as well.
7. As a last step I put some gorgeous eyelashes on. I only wear eyelashes on special occasions, and only the ones that look real, are lightweight and give more texture.
So, this is how I created this look. I would love to know what you think of it, and maybe you have some ideas for next makeup tutorials? Then share them with me and please follow my blog if you enjoy reading it :)